I have made this a short article, as a quick reference for anyone who is trying to lose fat. Not knowing or correctly understanding these 10 tips could prevent you from reaching your target weight quicker or you might be restricting food too much and putting yourself through unnecessary hardship, causing you to break your diet far too often.
Let us get rid of misinformation, the myths and little mind viruses. So here we go…
- A calorie deficit is 100% required! Do this by controlling the food you eat and the exercise you do. Fat Burners like T5 Hardcore will facilitate this process.
- It does not matter what time you eat in the day, so eating before bed will not make you fat or prevent your body from losing weight while you sleep.
- Fasting will not make you burn more fat and is not essential, but if it helps you to consume less calories than you expel then use it!
- Carbohydrates are okay and are not the enemy. High processed sugars should be avoided.
- There is no special cardio workout you must do to lose fat. Cardio can be used to keep your body in a caloric deficit.
- Losing fat from the body takes much longer than you think. Depending where you start and how much body fat you aim to lose, but I would give it between 12-16 weeks. Your aim should be to lose 1-2lbs per week steadily and consistently.
- WARNING! If you become very lean, your mind will take over and tell you to eat. You’re body will go into survival mode, as it will want you to move less and eat more.
- Maintaining a super shredded sub 7% body fat is not sustainable unless you are genetically gifted. Therefore, you should implement a calorie maintenance phase after being in a deficit for so long. You do not want to be in a deficit long term, but to start to match your calorie output with your calorie consumption.
- You do not need to train your abs to reveal them. “Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym!” However, having bigger abs, like bigger arms will make the cuts and lines more prominent. If you are carrying a lot of fat and cannot see your abs yet, then it is best to scratch the ab workouts for a walk or run.
- Where bodyfat is stored on your body is not your choice. There is no exercise that will release fat in a particular area and exercising that area will only tone that muscle underneath the skin, it will not get rid of the fat. Fat loss takes time, so give it time.
If you would like to discuss any of the tips above further, your current diet or an exercise plan, why not drop me a message via the contact us page.